Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lenten Project

Last year for Lent instead of "Giving up" I tried something new, "Giving Away". I liked it and am doing it again. Last year I concentrated on closets and drawers. This year, after starting on Sadie's drawers at her house, (as I was there at the start of Lent) I got going on the shelves downstairs. I ran across boxes of craft supplies, old workbooks from when I was in school (valuable antiques) and photos and photos and photos and negatives. Some of the boxes were only partly filled, so organization was in order. I didn't start on my own photos, as I have albums of Mom's and a box that was filled. I started making piles for myself, Ruth, Marge and Paul. I soon found I needed a Jerry John pile also. The box and 2 albums are done. Paul stopped down and has part of his. (More to come!) There are more out at LTC from the pictures everyone has given her the past 5 1/2 years too. There are lots of school pictures, Weddings, fishing trips and etc. The ones the folks were given every year..... The older albums I haven't started yet. I already have pictures to incorporate into my genealogy files. The KC Garage Sale, City Wide clean-up and Goodwill are on my list of benefactors. Plus a couple things have already been spoken for. And Joan - I found a picture of the hole in the wall for the phone! Pop has been shredding old tax papers, so he is working on it too. If there are anything special you know of, let me know and I'll look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment