Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Extra Picture

There is always something else around that calls for a picture. Now if there would have been a horse or cow in that lot..................... _____________________________________________________________________ I must add Marge's comment, received via e-mail: " No, the picture didn't really need an animal. That was a beautiful photograph! It kind of reminded me of scenes from the series, "Centennial" that I just rewatched on DVD... during the depression on the plains when, in the summer the "dust bowl" wind storms carried the soil away in enormous clouds. There was a lot more in that picture than you think. I remember as an elementary kid playing outside on the school playground, maybe in the early 1950"s when the dirt was still blowing so much that all of us would come inside with dirt caked around our nostrils and eyes. Where did you take that picture? It has a sort of sad beauty with the peeling paint. There is a great deal of history in that one photo! Excellent picture! Love, Marge" ____________________________________________________________________ It was taken at a site of one of the garages near Spencer. I would have taken more but my Driver was ready to go!

1 comment:

  1. I only see half doors like this in hospitals or nursing homes...............now a days!

    ReplyDelete