Thursday, January 29, 2009

In Home Communions

Father is gone for 11 days, so I did in-home communions today. It is the best church job I have ever had. I enjoy seeing the people and everyone is so happy to have company and contact with church. Another person did the communion service at the Manor and will again next week at Longterm, so I didn't have to get ready for that. I loaned Marly my book "Final Gifts'. It's my favorite book for anyone that is dealing with the dying. It is written by two hospice nurses about nearing death awareness. After my years in long term care, I could add examples to every chapter. I discovered it after a few of us nurses were comparing notes and thinking "We should write a book". It is well written and covers what we would have wanted to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment